Factoria Lodge No. 311
This lodge was named after the original name of the municipality of San Isidro, Nueva Ecija where it is domiciled. It was only toward the end of the 19th century that Factoria was changed to San Isidro - in honor of the town's patron saint, San Isidro Labrador.
For some 60 years, from 1852 to 1912, the town was Nueva Ecija's capital. Indeed, in 1896, Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo's Revolutionary Government stayed in Factoria for twenty four-hours. The General issued several decrees on that day. The town, therefore, can claim to have been the seat of the Revolutionary Government for a day!
The "Cry of Nueva Ecija" took place in Factoria on September 2, 1896 simultaneously with the "cries" of the other seven provinces that rose in revolt!against Spanish rule. Factoria or San Isidro was also the site of the Wright
Institute, the first public high school established outside of Manila, which was
named after Governor General Luke E. Wright.
During the meeting of Antonio R. Lamson Memorial Lodge No.290 on the third Saturday of August 1993, it passed a resolution sponsoring the foundation of a new Masonic lodge in San Isidro, Nueva Ecija. On September 10, 1993, an organizational meeting presided over by WB Rodolfo N. Estrada, was held at the residence' of Bro. Nardo M. Villareal. Sixteen brethren from three lodges, namely, Antonio R. Lamson Memorial Lodge No.290, Gen. Llanera Memorial Lodge No. 168, and Cabanatuan Lodge No. 53 were present. They elected temporary officers for the lodge under formation. Chosen officers were: Rodolfo N. Estrada, PM, Worshipful Master; Harthus E. Mabalay, DGL, Senior Warden; and Nardo M. Villareal, Junior Warden; respectively.
On September 24, 1993, thirty-three brethren sent a petition to the Grand Lodge for a dispensation to form a new lodge and on November 18, 1993 Grand Master Rizal D. Aportadera gave them the requested dispensation. MW Aportadera named Rodolfo Estrada to be the first Master, Harthus E. Mabalay to be the first Senior Warden and Nardo M. Villareal to be the first Junior Warden of the new lodge. Factoria Lodge UD was instituted on November 26, 1993 at the San Isidro Central School Gymnasium, with MW Rizal D. Aportadera as the presiding officer.
The vacated three-storey house of Bro. Namer M. Fernandez served as the temporary meeting place of the lodge. Tables and chairs were donated by the members and the needed paraphernalia was purchased.
Factoria Lodge UD had its first regular meeting on December 10, 1993. Due course was given to the petitions of Divino Rey T. Mabalay and Joseph Norman Velarde. Certificates of appreciation to brethren who gave donations were prepared; and plans for the first Christmas Party of the lodge were discussed.
During the annual communication of the Grand Lodge in Cebu City in April 1994, the lodge was granted a charter and assigned number 311.
On June 10, 1994, the lodge was duly constituted as a regular lodge and its officers were installed in public ceremonies officiated by Grand Master Pablo C. Ko, Jr. who was assisted by the Grand Lodge Officers.
The future looks bright for the lodge. One of its members VW Harthus E. Mabalay, has pledged to donate a 540-square meter lot between Poblacion and Barangay Tabon in San Isidro.
Location: San Isidro, Nueva Ecija